The Kitchen House was completed around 1786 during the time the fourth generation Simons, Sara Lydia, and her husband, Jonathan Lucas, Jr. owned the Middleburg property. Meals were cooked for the Main House occupants by slaves working on one side of the walk-through fireplace while laundry was handled on the other. The kitchen slaves would often sleep in the loft above the fireplace as the cooking and laundry were non-stop. The interior has been restored over the last decade, while the existing structure of the original house remains.
The Kitchen House was renovated to offer one bedroom, one bathroom, and a living room with space for up to four guests. The house features an adjoining outdoor cooking area and fire pit, providing an excellent place to cook your own meals or congregate. While the Kitchen House does not offer an indoor kitchen by modern standards, it does contain a small refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker for guest convenience.
The Kitchen House is currently available for booking by the night.
Rates start at $250 per night plus tax and cleaning fee.